Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The end of a chapter

Last year I was the PTA Vice President at Boy 2's school.

This year, not so much. Between the boys school/ homework, Tae Kwon Do, my school/studying for finals and what not, the house (laundry), and The Brain's crazy work schedule, there just aren't enough hours in the day for the whirlwind that is PTA.

The other girls felt the same. Whether it was back to school or back to work, we all had to say, "Adieu!".

It was fun and I will miss it tremendously. I will miss seeing and doing stuff with all of the kids. I will miss working with the teachers and staff to plan events and activities. And I will miss the camaraderie that only those who volunteer their rear ends off with one another feel. Luckily the bonds that were created are strong and the friendships are sure to last a lifetime.

Granted, we haven't been on the PTA board since the end of last year, but the finality of my stint as 'That PTA Lady' became really real today when I went into the school to meet the new Principal. The new board was sitting at their table selling memberships and such. We chatted for a few minutes and I wished them the best of luck in all they do this upcoming year.

When I was done with what I came to do...I left. After spending so many hours at the school last year, it was strange to just go...

No comments: