Thursday, September 30, 2010

Still lacking in the area of 'Boy Knowledge'

Last night the boys were in Boy 1's room play fighting, or wrestling, or whatever you call it when boys joyously beat the crap out of each other.

There were loud noises, seemingly both of pain and happiness, as well as random booming/crashing sounds emanating from upstairs.

I suggested to The Brain that perhaps we (he) should go up there and put an end to the madness before something bad happened. He disagreed on the premise that they were playing and should be left alone since they hadn't done anything wrong (yet) and no one was injured.

Honestly, I was exhausted and really comfy on the couch so we sat there and listened.

This is what we heard:

Boy 1: (muffled) "Geh uff me...i con breth..."

Boy 2: laughter , "Ok I think you have had enough of my vengeance..."

Boy 1: " Whew. Dude! I couldn't breathe under there."

Boy 2: "Now what do we do?"

Boy 1: " You hit me as hard as you can and then I will throw you off the bed..."

Boy 2 : " ok cool!"

WHAT!!!!???

Apparently this behavior is not outside of the "acceptable boy behavior" bell curve.....

I don't understand...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss you guys :(

Grant said...

I scoured the posts and didn't see anything about "that creepy guy from karate class" so we're cool. Nice blog! You're a good writer. I enjoyed the book reviews.

The Hamper said...

Thanks! Can't wait to read your book!