Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can you say, "Pre mid-life crisis"? I knew you could!

I'm stuck lately with this whole blogging thing.

I've got nothing and everything going on at once.

Do I tell you about my overly rude accounting professor and my stressful upcoming econ test that I am sure to fail due to my inability to do math? Zzz

What about my wisdom tooth? Do you want to know that I hate dentists? That the prospect of sitting in a chair drooling all over myself while some man rips a tooth from my head is shockingly unappealing to me?

Or maybe my latest regret? That I realized that I didn't make bath time a fun time for the boys when they were little.

It must have been horrible for them having a mom who thought bath crayons, bubbles, and hour long spells in the tub were a waste of time. ( for insight to my bath time mind set, go here.) I am certain that my actions have caused some irreparable and perhaps unconscionable damage. I'm sure that they will both need therapy and possibly miss out on deeper connections in life, all because I didn't equate bath time to play time during their formative years. Instead, I had a task to complete, likened to some post-apocalyptic cyborg sent from the future programmed to fulfill but one objective: bathe the children. And now their future adult selves are doomed to a life of misery and pain.

And honestly I feel like I missed out too.

Or do I tell you about my slight mental breakdown the other day? The one where I was sitting half naked on my laundry room floor crying like a two year old because my salon appointment was cancelled and I have no clothes? At least none I want to wear! Because lets face it, you can only wear the same outfit to someones house so many times before they start wondering ... I don't know what exactly they would wonder but I know that wonder they would!

No comments: