Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dear McDonalds

Hello McDonalds,

I recently read an article in Bloomberg Businessweek about the new McDonalds McWrap which inspired me to write to you. I have eaten this product a few times and have to say that it is a nice change once in a while. 

However, I am wondering why you chose to call it " McWrap". To be honest, that is perhaps one of the worst names for a food product that I have ever heard. I know MANY people, children (as young as 8) and adults, who have a hard time saying it with a straight face. It has even become a standing, albeit crude, joke among young boys. To put it bluntly, it sounds like "MyCrap" or "M'Crap".

"Do you want McDonalds?" " Ok, but I'm not eating MyCrap!"
Or, " Where exactly did they get the "Premium" ingredients for M'Crap?"
Or,  " How's M'Crap taste?"

I don't mean to be rude, but its hard to order something to eat when the visual image it inspires is that of fecal matter.

Since this is a form for questions my question is, " Did no one recognize this pronunciation delimma before launching the product?"

Thank you.

Did I send this to McDonalds? Yes I did!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg! Lol!

Anonymous said...

I have often times thought that too! You know somebody said "thats a bad name" but their boss replied "TOO BAD! i already sent it out."

People like us should be consultants!

The Hamper said...

LOL Agreed! I haven't heard anything back from them. When I do I'll make sure to post it!