Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Waterfalls and friends

Summer 2013 is almost over! So far it's been pretty wild. One of those 'thankful you're alive' kinda summers!!

The boys and I went camping last week with an dear old friend and her son. She has been asking us to go for a few years and I have always said no, because honestly hanging out in the wilderness with 3 kids staring at one another never really appealed to me. Don't get me wrong, I love the outdoors! I love hiking and fishing, and being one with nature. However, I also like sleeping in a bed, showering, and not listening to kids complain that they are bored. That's when she explained that she has a camper (with a shower, kitchen, air conditioning, and TV) and that she stays at a campground that has 2 pools, tennis court, basketball court, an arcade, and wifi - OK we're in!

I'm so glad we went - We had a blast!

There were a ton of geese there and the boys had fun feeding and bonding with them. There were 2 geese in particular that seemed to gravitate towards the kids the most and they were always together, it was cute!

Fave goose - He/She/It's a hybrid goose....



And then there was the sunset.

And the waterfalls



Yep - It was so much fun and totally worth "roughin' it"!

No comments: