Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Me and DIY

Need information on something? I'm your girl!
Looking for a researcher, organizer, writer, or dog sitter? You've come to the right place!

Want a handmade re- purposed fancy shmancy dodad? Ummm...no can do buck-a-roo

I've never been very creatively crafty. I can sew a button on and fix the tear in Mr. Tiger's leg, but I am certainly nowhere near as awesome as Leigh Anne. The whole reason I haven't joined Pinterest is because even though all that stuff is cool, there is no way I could pull any of it off. I've looked at some of those things and my brain goes from, "Oh neat!" to, "Whaat????" in about 5.67 seconds.

That's why my recent trip into DIY Land is so impressive, if only to myself.

The cushions on the kitchen table chairs were looking a little shabby and not in the chic sorta way. More of the 'been sat on by 2 kids for 5 years' sorta way.

So I bought some fabric














Gathered a few tools










And recovered the cushions


















Me thinks me didn't do too bad for my first solo DIY project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job! Love the fabric!

The Hamper said...

Thanks! I like it because I have no idea what it is!! Kinda looks like people and umbrellas and what could be a cow or camel...Its like sitting on a game! :)