Thursday, May 20, 2010

The good 'ole days

While thinking about the previous post, I thought about when I was a kid. Sure, there were bugs outside, but not like this. We weren't afraid to go outside and play. Hell, we stayed outside roaming the neighborhood till the street lights came on. Actually, thats how you knew you were late. Somehow our parents expected us to sense when the street lights were going to come on and be home before then. But if you got back too soon you were told to go back out and play. Our parents expected us to be telepathic super kids, and we were. So what changed? Why do I buy 5 million dollars worth of yard spray to kill bugs every year and still have damn mosquitoes?

And then it hit me...The BUG Truck! You know the one I'm talking about. It drove up and down the street every night spewing some kind of noxious cancer causing Strychnine/DDT poison gas into every fort and tree house in a five mile radius. The fog was so thick you couldn't even see the fence you were about to jump over.

But, there were no bugs...

I miss the bug truck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't worry ! you're not the only one that's suffering from the mosquitoes ! love you !