Sunday, June 27, 2010

The value of a penny

To make a very long story a bit shorter....

Last night Boy2 got a brand new penny.

(Have you seen these new pennies? The ones with the shield on them? That's a whole other blog...)

It had just come from the bank so it was perfectly shiny and still had that new money smell.

Boy 2 was so happy he just couldn't contain himself, "Holy Moly. Look at this this thing! It's so shiny I can see myself in it! I bet its worth 10 thousand hundred 92 dollars! I love my new penny!"

Of course this is when the bubble popping begins, "Um sweetie, that penny is only worth one cent."

"But it's brand new!"

"I know..."

Holding his once beloved penny up in the air, Boy 2 exclaims in his best evil villain voice,
"CURSE YOU EVIL PENNY! Do you hear me? I Curse you!!!"

No comments: